Here are 13 questions to ask, when buying an older home.
- How old is the furnace?
- When was the furnace last serviced?
- When was the electrical unit replaced?
- How many amps is the electric system?
- Is there a circuit breaker?
- What type of wiring does the house have?
- When was the electrical unit last serviced?
- How old is the roof?
- What kind of material is the roof made from (asphalt shingle is very common)?
- What condition is the roof currently in?
- When was the plumbing renovated?
- What material was used (copper is common), when the plumbing was renovated?
- When was the plumbing last serviced?
Insurers understandably get a bit nervous with older properties. Knowing the history cannot only help you get a policy, but can greatly lower your premium as well.
March 17th, 2015 by